My leadership coaching and consulting practice builds on my experience working with senior and emerging leaders and boards, helping individuals and organizations navigate profound change in service to their missions and goals.
I’ve worked within the volatile challenges and opportunities confronting leaders today, from fundamental shifts in financing, to precipitous changes in products and services, roles and skills. These magnify the vital need for successful change leadership and talent development for current and emerging leaders.
As Senior Vice President, CAO at Providence Health & Services, I helped guide 16 years of transformation for what is now the 3rd largest not-for-profit health system in the US.
As the organization went through significant and rapid change, my work expanded as well and spanned regional operations and strategy, to leading enterprise-wide functions and change initiatives. Some key outcomes included:
- operational and cultural integration for multiple organizational mergers, acquisitions and internal re-structuring,
- management systems that supported rapid evolution from a holding company to an operating company structure and processes,
- An organizational change capacity team that developed robust change management tools, enhancing leaders’ ability to sponsor ongoing change, and
- a collaborative network of 13 local board chairs, sharing and instilling governance best practices across five states, aligned with the system board’s shared governance model.
Expertise and Experience:
- coaching and mentoring
- organizational and cultural integration
- internal strategy and design
- effective board governance
- leadership assimilation planning
- individual and organizational change implementation
- GE CAP (Change Acceleration Process) and Work-out
Previously, I served as VP, Regional Administrator for Group Health Cooperative, Seattle, leading a regional care delivery system, and VP, for Good Samaritan Hospital, Puyallup, WA.
- Associate Certified Coach (ACC), International Coach Federation
- Certified Executive and Leadership Development Coach (CHIC), Hudson Institute of Coaching
- Meyers-Briggs Certified, Step I and II
- MHA, University of Washington
- BA Sociology, University of Washington, Magna Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- Fellow, American College of Health Care Executives